Wednesday, January 2, 2013

wearing.

new years day in J Crew top, Old Navy cords, American Eagle booties

Today was the last day of the kids' Holiday Break from school and it was marvelously, unintentially  spent all day at home.  After Husband shoveled the driveway of the latest snowfall, we spent the rest of the lazy day watching documentaries while planted ever-so-comfortably on the sofa.  If you have never seen Happy  or Craigslist Joe, and you're looking for something heartfelt and meaningful, that'll make you want to be a better, happier person, I suggest you see these films.  And have kleenex on the ready.  I almost sobbed out loud during Happy, but Husband was sitting just down the couch from me and I didn't want to lose my cool in front of that guy.  I swear, if ever a movie/show/commercial gets too sappy, he turns his head to look over at me to see if I'm crying, then gives me that head-tilted ahhhh look and smiles like I'm a lost, little puppy dog.  Yes, I'm an emotional sap, what's the big deal.

Tomorrow it's back to early rising, making school lunches, and getting back into the routine of school and basketball games.  It has been a terrific break - NYC, family visiting for the holidays, and gorgeous, white snow - but it's always nice to get back into a comfortable, organized routine.  At this point, the kids are ready for some social interaction with peers and I'm ready for that too!  I'm looking forward to getting this house back in order.  Does anyone else feel like their home looks extra empty after all the Christmas stuff comes down?  I think it's time to look on Pinterest for some inexpensive decor ideas!

If you're stopping by from WIWW, hello!  Let me know you've been by and I'd love to repay you with a visit!

pleated poppy

11 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! Love the pink polka dots. Stopping in from Pleated Poppy . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I found your blog through The Pleated Poppy...you look fab in that cute top! Red is definitely your color! Have a great day!
    Jenni
    www.foundinmycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only do I love the color and polka dots of this blouse, I am crazy about the structure! The pleats are so feminine!

    -Mia
    www.msmiamaree.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shoes!! Looks fab with the shirt :)

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your shoes and shirt...stopping in from WIWW :)

    -shopfreak

    Stop by my blog for a chance to win a customized bracelet ($100+ value)!
    http://shopfreak14.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-new-years-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit! Also, I love your hair!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love your shirt <3
    Have an awesome year ahead!
    Love,

    Bong's Belleza

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...