Wednesday, January 23, 2013

what makes you laugh?


“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. 
It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.” 
― Audrey Hepburn

Elyssa makes me laugh.

I am a big fan of laughter, not that I have much of a choice.  I just laugh.  Loud.  Hard.  Until my stomach hurts.  Until I can't breathe.  When my inhalations sound like a balloon caught in a vacuum cleaner, that's when you know I'm feeling pretty darn good.  All it takes is something funny to come along at just the right level of sleepy-brain and it's all over - in a good way.  When something strikes me as funny, I just laugh and laugh until I cry or end with that deep ahhhhhh sigh.  And then I'll think about that funny thing again and the laughing fit will start all over.  My husband only has to mimic my laugh to send me into a fit.  I've always laughed, as long as I can remember.  When I was a senior in high school, I was voted Funniest Laugh in the yearbook.  No big deal.  

There are several things that always guarantee a belly laugh from me, as my family will tell you:

>> anything to do with poop, butts, or farts 
>> cartoon gnomes barfing rainbows {think Gravity Falls}
>> my brother Travis.  that dude is full of all kinds of funny {like when we did this}
>> videos of guys getting kicked where it counts
>> when strangers see embarrassing photos of me {like this one}
>> when I'm in the audience at a 4th grade violin concert {tears, I tell you}
>> when someone sings Killing Me Softly in a way that is actually killing me softly

Sometimes I have to find my funny on the television, so it's a darn good thing there are plenty of  laughing opportunities out there...

>> The Mindy Project - I don't know who thinks this stuff up, but this show is absolutely hilarious in the most perfect Misty type of way!  I decided to give the pilot episode a try on Hulu and ended up watching one episode after another and I am happily all caught up!  A laugh a minute, for sure!


>> Downton Abbey - This is a period drama, yes.  But oh! that Maggie Smith cracks me up every time!  If you haven't hopped on the Downton Bandwagon, you are only hurting yourself.  Another thing that cracks me up - Husband refers to "Downtown Abbey" as if she were a promiscuous English girl.  That guy.  He actually misses out on Sunday night Downton's so he can go downstairs and watch Honey Boo Boo.  True story.






What's making you laugh these days?  I need some new material to get me through the last of January!


7 comments:

  1. Your brother makes me laugh a lot too! And Maggie Smith is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things that make me laugh are the best! My little siblings were always awesome for that. And I'm really going to have to start watching that Downton Abbey in the near future. I just got netflix so now it's finally possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, honey boo boo. I worry for that child's teenage years. Husband and I watch Dr. Who! I bet I would like downtown Abbey, I wonder if it is on netflix?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two of my favs! Parks and Rec is also hilarious. Also, this video:
    http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/01/brilliant-birth-control-on-the-bottom-yogurt.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me laugh! And so does the Dowager Countess, she kills me. This bad lip reading of the NFL made me laugh till I cried~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zce-QT7MGSE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honey Boo Boo Child is the best! Reality TV at its best (scariest).

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubby makes me laugh everyday and I think that is so important in a relationship! We also love to watch Duck Dynasty, it is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...