Wednesday, January 2, 2013

when losing a phone is the most embarrassing thing ever.









Tonight I received a lesson in humanity and learned that there are good people out there in this world (you know, besides you and me :).  I also learned that I am nothing if I don't have my phone.  Without knowing, I dropped it in the school parking lot, after picking Miss McKenna up from basketball practice.  I didn't actually realize it was missing until much later and panicked.  We tried calling the number, but no one answered, which had me doubting I would ever see it again.  I even drove back out to the parking lot, expecting to find it shattered under a car tire, but it was nowhere to be found.  And then McKenna decided to call it one more time and there was an answer!  A nice man found it in the parking lot and agreed to meet up and return it.  His daughter had basketball practice right after McKenna, so he figured it had to belong to a parent or child on a team.  He just couldn't search the phone for a contact because I keep it password protected, so he had to wait for it to ring.  I got so lucky!  Phew!  

It wasn't until a little later, while I was figuring out how to change my phone's home screen to show my contact number {in case I ever decide to lose it again}, that I realized exactly what that man saw when he unlocked my phone.  A photo that had become the source of much laughter over Christmas {set as the homescreen on everyone's phone}, I can only imagine what that man was thinking when he saw it for the first time {or the second time or even third time}.  EM-BARR-ASS-ING.  



I die.  Oh my goodness, how I die.

11 comments:

  1. I am laughing out loud. Thank you, my day needed this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stop laughing! Or being embarrassed. :) Happy to give you a chuckle!

      Delete
  2. oh my, how...delightfully amusing! I'm giggling :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! I lose my iphone on a regular basis. (I know..)

    if anyone else in your family has an iphone download the find your iphone app. They can access your phone with your apple password and mark it's exact location, as well as locking it, shutting it down (if it was stolen) etc. It's a life saver for the phone losers;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my gosh! We actually do have that app on our phones, but totally didn't even think about it! I'm definitely remembering next time!
      Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  4. Welcome back phone! That photo is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that photo crazy? My funny brother took the time to crop it out of a group shot. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh man--that's such an awesome story in that you got your phone safely returned to you...but that picture on the home screen just takes the story to a whole new level. This event should definitely go down in your family's legends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! This is something we'll be laughing about for years!

      Delete
  6. LOL! LOVE THIS AND LOSING MY PHONE EVER OTHER SECOND IS THE WORST!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why are phones so easy to set down and forget about? :)

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...