Sunday, February 3, 2013

all this basketball is making us crazy. in a good way, of course.




Weekends around here have been nothing but waking up early, driving to basketball games, watching basketball games and then driving to more basketball games, grabbing something through the drive thru, and then heading home for some lazing around.  Don't get me wrong, though.  I am totally not complaining.  I LOVE watching my kids play.  I'm just being factual.  There's no sleeping in or making pancakes or morning cartoons in pajamas.  We're up, we're out, we stay out, and we come back home and wanna be idle.  Three kids + basketball = BASKETBALL.  But I'm so proud of these kids.  Being part of a team is a big dedication.  Like HUGE.  It means play dates are few and far between and time for exploring other activities and outings has definitely taken a backseat as well.  I'm not going to lie, there is some whining before practices and games.  What?  I have practice?  I just had a game today.  Do I have to go?  It's hard.  They're working hard.  I totally understand, but yes they have to go.  It's a commitment to a team, just like super-fun-adult-work will be someday!  Yay.  

It's Sunday morning.  And we're up early again because Miss McKenna has a game at 9:30am.  And after that excitement, I'm catching up on laundry and possibly taking a big, wonderful nap.  I might even sleep through the Superbowl!  Probably not.  Somebody has to feed these people.  I'm taking the day off from working out at the gym and I'm just going to relax {maybe after I shovel some snow}.  Does it keep snowing where you live?  What is this craziness?  When we moved away from snowy Spokane, we crossed our fingers that we'd have snow in Pittsburgh too.  We do enjoy ourselves some snow.  But it doesn't seem to stop snowing here.  Please be right, Mr. Groundhog.  Let's have an early spring!

Are you watching the Superbowl?  This will be our first time watching on east coast time.  We'll be up all night!

1 comment:

  1. It will not stop snowing here, either. I'm just sick of driving in it! Which is why I'm not leaving the house today. And I fondly remember the childhood days when extra-curricular commitments took up so much of my life. High school theater and acting competitions were my thing, not sports, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...