Tuesday, February 19, 2013

casual business wearing.





business casual dinner in J Crew top & necklace, Gap pants, Banana R sandals


On this day:

> Husband invited me out to a business dinner he was hosting.  
> I dressed the patriotic route.
> I made a funny when introducing myself to the group.  Ok, Ok, I'll tell you.  15 of us were seated around a large table.  Husband asked us to each to introduce ourselves to the group.  We went around the table, stating our name and position in the company.  All of the positions in this particular company have acronyms {CEO, AM, etc.} that are commonly used, so everyone {but moi} had an acronym to share.  Acronyms sound so cool and important.  When it was my turn to introduce myself, I smiled and said "I'm Misty and I'm a W-I-F-E to this guy."  And my acronym was the awesomest.  
> I might still be reeling in my cleverness.  I'm not usually so clever, so it's ok to think so highly of myself just this once.
> C-L-E-V-E-R.  Clever.





pleated poppy
WatchOutForTheWoestmans
Screen Shot 2013-02-24 at 7.10.22 PM"

19 comments:

  1. LOL! I love your acronym, and yes, indeed, very clever ;)

    I love this outfit, the pop of color that those pants add to it is beautiful, it adds so much freshness and fun, especially considering that not a lot of people would think of something this cute to wear to a business dinner! (I wouldn't, lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I normally wouldn't be daring enough to wear this as "business" but I knew Husband's employees would be wearing anything from polos, to button-ups to jeans, so I felt like I could have fun. :)

      Delete
  2. haha - love your cleverness! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is cleaver :) You have great style!


    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great outfit to wear. You're always so cute...(and clever!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit. I don't think you can ever go wrong pairing navy with red....and with polka dots it's just perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute! I should get some red pants...
    and I loved the acronym, I may borrow it!

    xo

    Sam - http://thenewoutfitproject.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just did some shopping and found that I'm really loving the polka dots! Came home with a few things in that pattern...who knew? And the color of those pants is fab!! New follower from the hop, yay!

    www.highheeledmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The top is great. Everything I am cravings lately has polka dots or stripes on it. Stopping by from The Pleated Poppy!

    xoxo
    Erin

    www.thefashioncanvas.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so adorable! And your house is ALMOST as adorable as you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!

    Love, Traci Michele @ Ordinary Inspirations

    Here are my outfits for this week:

    http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2013/02/what-i-wore-wednesday-week-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that top and necklace! And way to go with the funny! I never think of things like that till it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look so cute! I love the polka dots and the red pants!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oohhh! how i love this outfit. super gorgeous!

    anyways, i think your funny. i hope you got a laugh!
    i would have totally done something similar!|

    www.roothless-xo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your outfit :) polka dots are my favourites looks perfect with the red :) new follower by GFC would be great if you joined in my share your style Saturday hop? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this outfit!! I love red pants with navy, and polka dots to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute outfit. I love the colors and the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great outfit! Looks amazing, and love your cleverness!

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the red pants! I host a style link party every Monday and would love for you to join! http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-first-ever-my-style-monday.html

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...