Wednesday, February 13, 2013

fried chicken tacos.

OHMYGOODNESSGRACIOUS!!!

I don't think you can go wrong with ANY of the Pioneer Woman's recipes.  Our dinners just keep getting better and better each night, I swear.  I'd never even heard of frying a taco {and it might not be the healthiest choice for every night of the week}, but oh boy you should at least try it once in your lifetime!  These were so dang delicious.  I served them with the Mexican rice and salsa, both found in the same cookbook {links below}.  I used fresh chicken breast and it stayed tender and juicy, seasoned marvelously.  And the corn tortillas... crisp and warm.  *died and went to heaven.  I even loved how beautifully imperfect each taco came out of the oil - nothing but messy goodness.

 




♥ Just in case you're new-ish here,  I've been working my way through The Pioneer Woman Cooks Cookbook.  I'm no professional in the kitchen, but I'm trying to strengthen my foody skills a wee bit.  I love this cookbook so much and we have been enjoying quite a few new meals around here {thanks to my newest obsession}.

Here are some of the other recipes we've tried:

>> Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
>> Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta & Meatballs
>> Au Gratin Potatoes & Corn Casserole & Rosemary Rolls
>> Chicken Enchiladas & Mexican Rice
>> Glazed Doughnuts
>> Salsa
>> Ranch-Style Chicken & Roasted Cauliflower

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! Those do look yum! I'll have to try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, those look awesome! So not healthy, but now I really want to try them!! I'll just have an extra shot of juice! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...