Saturday, February 2, 2013

giving too many frames a fresh look.


Inspired by the internet and all the wonderful decor ideas out there, I decided to give our stairway picture frames a fresh, uniform look with some white and off-white spray paint {OMG that was a lot of frames}.  I wish I had a "before" photo {i'm amazed that I don't}, but just picture metal frames of various silver tones.  It didn't look bad, but I think the white just makes them pop more, while being softer at the same time.  I like it.  That's really all that matters, right?  Also, I did the spray painting in the garage {and not the house} this time, which was a very intelligent thing to do.  You probably don't need me to tell you that.  

And, as always, I do so very much enjoy keeping it real around here.  Below.  My folded laundry to take upstairs.


We have three baskets at my disposal, but why make three trips when you can just suffer a little through the first trip and be done?  You totally do the same thing.  Especially if stairs are involved.  I know it.


5 comments:

  1. lol! one trip wonder! haha! and I love the frames! Our house is changing (and by changing, I mean becoming more organized and less like a bachelor pad) slowly as I tweek one or two things here and there. Its nice to watch the process--and Mr. Adventure seems happy with it too (or does he care at all? I can't tell sometimes) sometimes I think he is just happy he doesn't have to do it himself :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our laundry basket is a tiny one and it's always heaped rather high, too. I love your picture frame update! Pictures are my favorite way to decorate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good afternoon Misty, What a great idea...I love the way your picture frames look on the wall.....very nice.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm working on this today! Using black frames. Love the new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how spray paint can transform ANYTHING!! Looks good. I do the same thing with my laundry!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...