Tuesday, February 19, 2013

herb-roasted pork tenderloin and roasted veggies.




What was I thinking?  Probably something along the lines of "maybe if it's sooooooo good, then nobody will know that it's pork tenderloin."  To be honest, Husband's motto is "Stay away from the pork tenderlooooiiiiinnnnn!!!"  It's become our family motto.  Yet, with all of the success I've had with the Pioneer Woman's recipes, I thought this recipe would change us.  Make us tenderloin believers.  Alas, no.  In the words of Elyssa tonight, as she winced her brows and pointed into the bowl of mystery meat, "What do you call this again?  Pork tenderlooooiiinnn?"  We just have no appreciation for the pig meat that looks too much exactly like the pig.  We enjoy our meat processed into other shapes which resemble no animal parts.

But if YOU like pork tenderloin, I am sure this would be very good!  I did like the flavor, if only it didn't look like I was eating a chopped arm.

Husband absolutely LOVED the roasted vegetables!  Good news, good news!  I diced up carrots, butternut squash, some other kind of squash and some parsnips {this was my first parsnip experience ever}.  I followed the simple recipe, sprinkling the cubes with salt and pepper and drizzling them with olive oil.  I tossed them on the oven at 425 degrees for 20 minutes and voila!  You'll have to trust when Husband says they're awesome because I don't do vegetables very well.  But they look pretty.







Here are some other wonderful recipes I've tried from The Pioneer Woman Cooks...

>> Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
>> Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta & Meatballs
>> Au Gratin Potatoes & Corn Casserole & Rosemary Rolls
>> Chicken Enchiladas & Mexican Rice
>> Glazed Doughnuts
>> Salsa
>> Ranch-Style Chicken & Roasted Cauliflower
>> Fried Chicken Tacos
>> Tres Leches Cake
>> Beef Stew


And just because I like to keep things real around here {after all that hard work}, here's what we really ate for dinner.  Our family motto still stands.  STAY AWAY FROM THE PORK TENDERLOOOOOOIN!  Sorry, pigs.  We do like you as sausage and bacon though.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...