Thursday, February 14, 2013

m & t celebrate 14 years.


What can I say?  The words "best anniversary ever" come to mind, but I think I say that every year.  It's that husband - always trying to outdo himself.  I'm beginning to think this guy really likes me.  

So, we started out our day with manicures/pedicures...as in Husband even sat in a massage chair and put his bare feet in the water and let some lady take a dremel tool to his nails.  He handled the whole experience very well and very manly.  You'd a been real proud of him.  After that we hit up PF Chang's for lunch.  Total yum.  And then we came back home and I fell asleep on the couch until the kids came home from school.  We topped our day off by getting semi-fancy to go out to dinner and attend the Pittsburgh Ballet Company's Moulin Rouge.  Dinner was delicious, the ballet was so awful I wanted to punch somebody {and I like ballet}.  The thing is, if you're going to attempt to take on something as vibrant and alive as Moulin Rouge, for the love of God do not use boring classical music and do put some expressions on those dancer's faces.  Seriously, dancing the can-can and waving those ruffly skirts should not be done without a smile or a flirty look.  Come on, people.  Anyway, the best part of the night... at intermission, when Husband turned to me and said, "Let's get out of here."  Awesome.  This married couple shall remain culture-less when it comes to the theatre.  :)

*but we totally support your love for the arts and we don't judge you for it.  :)
**okay, maybe we judge you just a little bit.  

And just so you know, I used to dance ballet, so I do really like it.  During the performance, Husband commented on how the fouette looked so difficult and I shook my head, no way.  When we got home, I changed into my pajamas and then I showed him my fouette {get your head out of the gutter}.  It turns out, although much older and slower, I still got it.  On points, no.  But in my bare feet, yep.  When you got it, you got it.  And I probably mostly don't got it, but I like to think I do.

Even awe.som.er... my anniversary gift {even though we said we weren't going to do gifts}...


Shazam!  A new bomb camera.  If my family wasn't already annoyed enough by my constant photo-taking, I'm about to get a whole lot more in-their-face-annoying.  Smile!

Happy Valentine's Day!

8 comments:

  1. Good Morning Misty,
    Happy Anniversary to you both. Now that is one brave man, to have a pedicure, I really don't think I could persuade my husband.
    A lovely lunch, then the ballet sounds fabulous, but what a shame the ballet company did not perform Moulin Rouge very well. I'm surprised they attempted it as Moulin Rouge is such a vibrant film, with such fabulous characters....but at least you did not endure it until the end....that was brave of you to leave.
    I wonder how many more people left.
    Thank you for sharing your day. Have a good weekend with your lovely family.
    Best Wishes
    Dakphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daphne! Husband was so brave. What a good guy. He earned plenty of points yesterday. :)

      Delete
  2. That does sound like an awesome anniversary. I think even to watch one's husband get a pedicure would be hilarious. I've given Angel a pedicure or two at home but I'm pretty sure he'd never go out for one. Sorry the ballet was too bad to stand! I've never seen one, but I've heard that they can either be very good or very bad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The pedicure was hilarious and he felt awkward, but he also felt very pampered at the same time. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy anniversary! Yay for a new camera! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now I just have to figure out all the new camera buttons!

      Delete
  4. Love your shoes-what are they? I just threw away my Payless ones like these today - wanted to cry - loved them but they've seen better days. Glad you all had a good time on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary Misty! Congrats on that awesome gift as well! Catching up on the blog world today and admiring your beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...