Thursday, February 21, 2013

salad tacos. not to be confused with tacos or taco salad. kind of.

Why oh why can't I dream these simple things up?  Well, I guess maybe I can't take the credit for inventing amazing things, but the good news is that I can totally share in the delight of other peoples' bright ideas, thanks to the internet!  Like taking tacos, adding beans to the meat, rearranging the order of the taco-stuffing, and drizzling thousand island on top.  Taco salad in a taco shell.  That Ree Drummond {aka Pioneer Woman} never ceases to amaze me.  This simple recipe is not in her cookbook, but you can find it here on her website.  She also includes a recipe for a dressing, but I am pretty much stuck on my 1,000 isles, so I took a pass on that.

 





You can see that Elyssa {our barbarian eater}, enjoyed her taco all crunched up like a typical, messy taco salad.  I tried to eat mine like a taco at first and then enjoyed the crumbs with my fork.  Either way, sooooooooo yummy.  Like, so yummy.

*when I say "barbarian eater" I mean that she gets her hands & fingers involved in her eating, like a barbarian.  not that she eats barbarians.  that would be mean.  

Here is the ever-growing list of my other delicious attempts {and mostly successes} from The Pioneer Woman Cooks...

>> Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
>> Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta & Meatballs
>> Au Gratin Potatoes & Corn Casserole & Rosemary Rolls
>> Chicken Enchiladas & Mexican Rice
>> Glazed Doughnuts
>> Salsa
>> Ranch-Style Chicken & Roasted Cauliflower
>> Fried Chicken Tacos
>> Tres Leches Cake
>> Beef Stew
>> Herb-Roasted Pork Tenderloin & Roasted Vegetables

2 comments:

  1. Really ano?

    Yummy, these tacos look fantastic and so simple. That's happiness in a plate right there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I love Ree. I am going to put these on my March meal plan. I want to make them badly right now.
    14and4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...