Friday, February 1, 2013

the coldest campus tour ever. but totally cool.











Elyssa and I ventured out into the teen-degrees to tour a popular Pittsburgh university this morning.  Oh, what a school!  Wow!  Even through the icicles that were forming on my pupils, I could see how awesome it was, as we walked along the frost-covered sidewalks and crossed the downtown streets.  I swear we even walked through Hogwarts castle and I warned Elyssa that I would probably be visiting her everyday in that place.  Our tour guide was super sweet and gave us the scoop on everything.  And she didn't mind at all that I was that mom with the camera.  You know, the mom who makes her college kid sit in a REAL classroom so she can snap a photo.  Oh, mother.  

I still can't believe that's it's time to be making all of these decisions about colleges, but I am so excited for Elyssa.  She has worked so hard and done so well, in spite of a gigantic move across the country.  She has made so many good friends and according to her {watch me botch her exact words again}, she just can't stop talking about them.  Right now, her friends are all she thinks about and she asked me if I thought that was weird.  I told her that all I ever wanted for her, in all the stress of the move and saying goodbye to dear friends, was for her to be happy and make new friends.  No, Elyssa.  You loving your friends and always thinking about them will never be weird.  It makes me happy!

I am so stinking excited for her new opportunities!  This girl is going to rock it, wherever she goes.


3 comments:

  1. My entire family came along on my college tour, and it was fun, although terribly confusing. At the time I didn't think I'd ever learn my way around campus, but eventually it became perfectly familiar. I hope ya'll's search for the right college is a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting! I remember that feeling...woah, I think I'm getting old now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my!!! That is a gorgeous college. It's almost sacrilegious for those college students to be wearing scruffy hoodies, tennies, and jeans! It screams for pleated skirts, pumps, and twinsets and pearls. I hope she picks that, just because. ;-) ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...