Thursday, February 28, 2013

the little things. literally.

Every morning, once the very last kid has walked out the front door, I begin my morning straightening routine.  I walk the house, picking up the random things that have collected in various areas.  Can you spot the hair brush in the above photo?  It's just something I do, like making the beds and opening the window curtains.  It's like my simple little mental to-do list that makes me feel like I'm accomplishing things first thing in the morning.  Some things find there way to the same exact spot everyday, while other items change spots daily {that darn brush}, and then there are surprise items that I have never seen before.  Of course, most things land on the kitchen counter.  I'm totally guilty there.


Nail clippers in the family room usually mean I need to vacuum.  

Collecting breakfast water glasses is a daily constant.

Jackson's 2nd bedroom has become the kitchen table.

And orange slinky and elastic hair band on the kitchen counter.

Always the toothpaste.  Always.

Laundry collections round out my mornings.  I can't miss a day or some kid will be desperately missing a clothing item.

Stuffed animals on the floor.

And my morning routine would not be complete without a clump of cat hair on the floor.

Do you have a morning routine?  Are there things about your routine that drive you nuts?  I don't mind the picking up so much, but I get annoyed that my two cats follow me around, especially when I'm working in the kitchen.  Every single morning they pace in the kitchen, waiting for me to make them a delicious dish, yet every single morning I make them nothing.  They never give up, do they?


3 comments:

  1. that is great! Good for you! My routines get changed constantly since I homeschool and my husband offices at home. Everyone it there ALL the time. So I enlist them in the pick up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. morning routine (mon-wed run to work) thurs fri sleep in while my husband goes to work :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute post. I thought I was the only who had to pick up around the house and my house is till not organized though. Nothing like yours. I get home from work everyday and I'm picking things up.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...