Thursday, February 14, 2013

tres leches cake.

Who doesn't love cake pictures on Valentine's Day?  I'll let you mull these over, while Husband and I head out to a fancy Anniversary dinner and to the ballet.  Spoiled much?  You don't know the half of it.

 






Tres Leches Cake is what Heaven tastes like, I think, on a rainy day.  It's light and creamy and sometimes just a little soggy.  I know soggy isn't a term that makes things sound scrumptious, but trust me... it is.  You pour THREE kinds of milk onto the cake after poking holes into it.  It's beyond moist {which means soggy}.  That Pioneer Woman did it again, with this recipe!  She's making me look really good.  Like, really good.


♥ Just in case you're wondering about all this food and my constant obsession with the Pioneer Woman,  I've been working my way through her awesome Cookbook.  I'm no professional in the kitchen, but I'm trying to strengthen my foody skills a wee bit.  I love this cookbook so much!  It's making me quite popular in this family!

Here are some of the other recipes we've tried:

>> Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
>> Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta & Meatballs
>> Au Gratin Potatoes & Corn Casserole & Rosemary Rolls
>> Chicken Enchiladas & Mexican Rice
>> Glazed Doughnuts
>> Salsa
>> Ranch-Style Chicken & Roasted Cauliflower
>> Fried Chicken Tacos

5 comments:

  1. You're killing me with all these food photos! ;)
    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kill myself with these photos too! :)

      Delete
  2. Girrrrrrrrrlllllllll.... your pics made me buy the pioneer woman cookbook.. they have these "books are fun" days at school when they put stuff out to buy and it was there.. she should give you a commission...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will enjoy this cookbook so stinking much! And I'm contacting Ree straight away to collect my commission! :)

      Delete
    2. When I have a big fat ass bigger than it is now.. I'll come looking for you...

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...