Wednesday, March 20, 2013

just me and my computer.


School, school, school.  Online college = me + my computer all the time, everyday.  I'm completely plugged in.  The thing about online school that I'm quickly learning, is that it ROCKS.  It just really does.  I didn't think it was going to be this great at first.  In fact, I thought it was going to be lame-o.  But I was wrong.  I'm old.  I like not driving to campus.  I like not being around the young, not-as-ridiculously-over-achieved-as-me students.  I like not trying to find a parking space.  I like not grabbing fast-food for lunch.  I like not being worried about being late for class.

Listen to me being all positive and stuff {blame the vitamin D I've been taking}!  No, seriously though, even though it's completely off track, if you are not taking vitamin D right now, GET THEE TO WALGREEN'S AND GET SOME NOW!  Husband says it's making me a "morning person."  Really though, my life is changed.  ENERGY out the yin-yang.  No more falling asleep at the computer.  I feel good!  Vitamin D is the sunshine vitamin and we simply aren't getting enough right now.  Be nice to yourself.  And your husband.  And your kids.  And your dogs.  Get the sunshine pill, friends.

Back to school.  Let's continue this topic, shall we?  I took my first final exam yesterday.  After two weeks in class!  I seriously thought I failed after taking it and I was mad.  It was a Health exam, like First Aid and Body Systems and Fitness and Nutrition and Drugs.  The subject itself is not the hardest, I know.  But that was a lot of stuff to cover.  The test was confusing.  I thought I had failed a Health exam and that had me kicking myself.  I mean, it's Health, come on!!! But I didn't fail.  Not even close.  And 87% is way passing, isn't it?  And in my college, it's all pass or fail, no grades.  It's competency-based.  I'm not used to that, but I'll get there.  You see, I am a 4.0 college student at heart.  That's what I've only ever gotten and busted my rump for.  I get 100% on most everything.  Well, until now.

Like Husband said to the children last night, upon sharing my victorious passing of the Health exam, "Isn't your mom awesome, guys?  She went from being a 4.0 student to getting an 87% on her test!"

Okay, I admit that I usually get the quotes a little bit wrong, but it was something really close to that.

Anywayz, I also submitted my first 5-page paper {that makes me sound so scholarly} a couple days ago and I'm waiting to get back my results on that.  Mesopotamia.  Five double-spaced pages of Mesopotamia.  Youch!  Next up, Ghandi and Eleanor Roosevelt.  And I'm going to try to get it done in 3 pages this time.
Because why do more if I don't have to?


7 comments:

  1. this post is so cute--you sound so hyper in it :)

    grats on loving college. I disliked it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny because I was so hyper when I wrote it. :)

      Delete
  2. I can totally relate. I'm not doing my masters online, but my instructors require a TON of computer work and every assignment is turned in electronically. I definitely have a closer relationship to my computer than any human. Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, working on your Masters! How exciting and what hard work! I wish you the best with your studies. :)

      Delete
  3. You and Trav are the same. He was just studying Mesopotamia with his kids.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...