Monday, March 4, 2013

our family favorite.

Winger's Roadhouse Grill.  Quite possibly what this family misses most about Spokane.  Actually, we missed it before we even moved all the way to Pittsburgh.  Winger's was only in Spokane for about three years before it closed it's doors.  And we spent A LOT of Sunday nights at that place, sweating over a basket of spicy chicken sticky fingers.  We cried when it closed.  Until......... we discovered another Winger's restaurant just a 1.5 hour drive from Spokane.  Three hours of driving {both ways} seemed like nothing.  This sauce was worth it.  When my parents came to visit us in Spokane, we drove THE DRIVE to Winger's.  When Husband's mom came to visit, we drove THE DRIVE to Winger's.  When it was just McKenna and I for the weekend, we drove THE DRIVE to Winger's.  When it was my birthday, we drove THE DRIVE to Winger's.  It was a scenic drive, always worth the trip.

But then we moved to Pittsburgh and I am much too much too far away to drive to any Winger's {the closest one somewhere in Utah or Montana or somewhere crazy like that}.  It's a darn good thing they sell their sauce online.  This sauce right here, this is what keeps happiness flowing through our veins.  We just toss some Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips in the oven and then toss them around in a bowl of the magical Winger's sauce.  And dipping them in ranch sauce before biting into them???  That's just a magical bonus, right there.







Serve with steak fries.  Or else.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My mouth is watering too, just thinking about it again!!

      Delete
  2. I was just in Spokane, I was visiting my folks in Coeur D Alene ID. I'm going to have to stop at Wingers next time. Those look yummy! I'm a new follower, love your blog. Your style is adorb too!
    www.nicole-blissfullyblessed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love summers in CD'A, sunbathing at the lake! What a perfect place for visiting your folks. My daughter and I are flying back in just a few weeks, so she can visit her friends and we plan on doing so much eating!!!

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...