Saturday, March 30, 2013

thoughts on spokane.


















I emailed Husband this morning.  I am sure he was waiting to hear my reaction to being back in Spokane, after moving across the country 8 months ago.  Was I going to regret the move?  Did we do the right thing?  After being back in this little city for just a day, I am confident we made the right move.  Spokane does have its upsides, but we've kind of outgrown it.  The familiarity of it is all, well... it's just familiar.  And that can be comforting for some people, to have routines and sameness and familiarity, I totally understand.  But I think our family was ready for some spice.  A change of scenery.  Something new and different.  Change is not for everyone, but we took to it quite nicely and are very happy in Pittsburgh.

Although we hold many memories of our time in Spokane, I believe it wasn't just because it was Spokane.  It was because we are just awesome.  We are happy.  We make the most.  We enjoy our kids.  Our kids enjoy us.  We are still all of those things in Pittsburgh.  We set out on a new adventure and our kids are better for it.  I had always thought it would be ideal to live in one place and have my children go to the same schools and have the same friends for their entire upbringing, but we haven't been able to provide that.  But what is that really, anyway?  Security, yes.  Sheltered?  Oh boy, yes.  The moves we have made have given them roots in many places, but also a knowledge that the world can be explored.  Heck, it's taught me the same thing too!

So, Spokane, I love ya, but I've already let you go.  You were really good to us, a great place to raise a young family.  Not much for being multicultural, but you're getting there.  You are truly your own quirky, little city.  Thanks for the visit.  I have no regrets.

Oh, and Spring always did look really great on you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...