Monday, March 25, 2013

yippee! a spring break snow storm. said no one ever.




What a wonderful sound to wake up to, this first day of spring break! The birds chirping away! Oh, but wait. What's that other horrible sound?  Oh no.  Husband must be using the snow blower.  This sucks. What's that?  Another sound... a plow truck driving by.  I should probably get out of bed and peek out my window.  I know it snowed obviously, but how much?

Too much.

Even a single snowflake would have been too much on the first day of spring break.  Spring.  Not winter.  SPRING.

In spite of the white crap all over our yard, it was still a nice, sunny weekend in Pittsburgh and the kids did real good at kicking off their break with friends in the house.  The sounds of friends in the house is such a welcoming and wonderful sound after you move your kids across the country.  It means my kids are connected and happy and that makes me feel like we still did the right thing when we moved.  On Saturday McKenna had a friend spend the night plus Elyssa had two of her college friends over to make Asian dumplings and chocolate chip cookies.  So of course the house smelled delightful.  On Sunday Jackson had a friend spend the night - their intent, to watch ALL of the Star Wars movies (14 hours) in a row, from start to finish.  When they wake up, I'm sure we'll hear if they accomplished that craze.

As for me, I have been a writing machine.  It's been heck.  I've submitted two 5-page papers in a week and received perfect scores on them {no shame in bragging}.  That's been both intense and superb.  I've been working on a third paper this weekend and will hopefully turn it in tomorrow.  I plan to have a little fun before I start my 4th dumb paper.  This go-at-your-own pace college stuff just might be the death of me, if I don't learn to slow down and breathe in some fun along the way.  But, if I'm being honest, I have enjoyed using my brain and History might just be the most awesome subject ever.

Now, let's have some sunshine, shall we?


5 comments:

  1. congrats on your awesome grades!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No shame about bragging over good grades--you earned them! I do think that snow it highly inappropriate for Spring, but it doesn't seem to care about our opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh I want to spend a weekend at your house! that snow is goregous, and I REALLY want chocolate chip cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first read the title to this post I was like, is she serious?! Haha ughhhhh make it go away! It sounds like a nice weekend though despite the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to spend a snowy weekend! Friends and chocolate cookies and Asian Dumplings!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...