Monday, April 15, 2013

all kinds of fancy.


Pardon me if I seem a little loopy.  I'm still recovering from high-intensity paint fumes {and too much math homework}.  But would you just look at my front door!!!!  !!!!  !!!!  I love it.  I absolutely LOVE it!  I'm usually a bright color person, but this black... it's pretty much the color of my soul.  *paint fumes speaking.
Seriously though, it's so glossy.  And I guess it's supposed to be because it's "extra high gloss paint" from Home Depot and came in a gel-like substance as not to cause brush marks.  And it's really good stuff.  It just makes me loopy.  But is that really such a bad thing?  I also used the same paint in white for the trim and it freshened things up a bit.  And those swirly trees.  Nice, eh?  Pinky-up when you walk into this house.  We is all kinds of fancy.  *paint fumes speaking.  And then there's our star from our Spokane house.  It just keeps finding its way to the front of the house.  Only I can't seem to make it stay straight, so I have to constantly adjust it.  And you totally know me, I'll be walking out of my front door every half hour just to check on that dang star.  *OCD speaking, not paint fumes.

This weekend I decided to give Mother Nature a little push.  I went and planted flowers in the yard already.  I tend to do this early planting every spring.  Sometimes I get lucky and everything lives and sometimes everything gets frozen and dies.  It's always a miracle when a flower survives under my care though, so no matter what I do it's a risk.





I trust you had a marvelous weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots! I love how clear your photos always turn out, and the depth of field that it gives them as well.

    What camera do you use, if you don't mind me asking?..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I use a Canon EOS 60D and I bought it from Costco. :)

      Delete
  2. Your front door looks great! I painted mine golden yellow last summer with oil-based paint...and yes those fumes are crazy. Good choice on your flowers...pansies and dianthus can take quite a jolt of cold weather and still be fine. Spring is a little earlier at your place, my yellow forsythia is not in bloom yet...but I'm hoping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good news on the flowers! It looks like we are out of the cold, so I hope it stays that way! We just had our door painted a lovely yellow. I debated just refreshing the color because it was so pretty, but a little voice inside my head kept whispering "black, Misty." And there's only one way to get that voice to shush. :)

      Delete
  3. I adore your house. It is so adorable!

    great job love!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...