Monday, April 8, 2013

around the white house.









Have you ever been to the White House?  This was only my second visit, but I again was amazed at the non-grandiose size of it.  It's refreshing, really.  I mean, compared to most of our homes, it is huge, but for some reason, amongst the neighboring giants, it looks modest and simple.  Classic.  Traditional.  Perfect.  A foreign tourist approached the iron fence facing the house and turned to ask me, "Is this the White House?"  Yup.  

What else can I say about this D.C. place?  I absolutely love it.  It's so clean.  It's so beautiful.  I love the mix of old and new architecture.  I love the trees.  The weather was gorgeous.  The park, the outdoor dining, the Potomac River, the homes, the buildings, the sharp-dressed people doing business-y type things, the 8th grade student tour groups, the tennis-shoed tourists, the bicyclists, the statues, the history, the museums... next time we need a week in this place, at least!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...