Wednesday, April 3, 2013

home is my favorite.


First of all, have you ever seen a more precious cat?  Do you see that look in her eyes?  That's pure love for yours truly.  I'm not bragging or anything, but I am her most favorite human of all.  It's just the truth.  I am loved.

So, McKenna and I are back home safe and sound.  I swear I'll never recover from the jet lag, the three-hour time difference, and the weekend food coma.  I'm trying to write yet another essay {industrial revolution excitement}, but I keep falling asleep at the computer.  The vitamin d better start working any second.  This paper is not going to write itself.  But, whyyyyyy????  

I've shared our latest adventure back to Spokane for spring break, but I did not write about McKenna and my little adventure to the airport.  It wouldn't be fair to keep it all to ourselves.  It needs to be remembered, so here I shall forever engrain it into my blog...

The Ride:

Husband was kind enough to have a driving service come pick us up at the house and shuttle us to the airport.  I always feel so regal when I take the car service, even when I'm riding in a 1999 Buick Lesabre, don't you?  Robert was our very nice, very old driver; the kind of man who needs no GPS to get where he needs to go.  He finds his way around by sheer stubbornness alone.  And so Robert proceeded to take us on a very long route, through our entire little township, only to basically drive back by our neighborhood and down the hill to the freeway.  He insisted upon saving us time.  McKenna and I both had a little backseat giggle about that because even she knew he was taking us the long way.  My laughter was a little bit out of fun and a little bit out of nervousness that this old man might have a dark, creepy shed in mind for our destination.  But I was wrong and Robert finally found the freeway.  He kept us engaged with talk of his AMAZING daughter who is THE BEST dancer in the world.  I might have tried once to share a story about McKenna, but quickly learned the conversation was only going to stay focused on his child.  Once the conversation did finally change, he asked us where we were flying to and we told him.  Finally we get to talk about US!!!  Robert was kind to alert us to the 4-hour time difference between the East and West coasts.  Even when we assured him that it was only three hours difference, he pulled out his magic flip phone from 2005 and pushed some buttons that apparently showed he was right about the 4 hours.  McKenna and I of course giggled some more.  I know when an argument is worth the effort and Robert just seemed to be so sure he was right.  How could I argue?  So, I offered, "Hmmm, that's interesting."  And no more was said about that.  The goal was to make it to the airport, not that scary shed I kept seeing in my mind.
We finally did get to the airport.  For some reason I felt the need to give him a great big tip.  Maybe I felt sorry for him.  He was nice after all, just a little nutty and some things just can't be helped.

McKenna and I will always remember Robert and our quirky ride to the airport.  We now have "robertisms" and ask often, "What would Robert say?"  And when we see and old man with the same hair we say, "There's Robert!"

So, there you have it.  A picture of my cat and a story about Robert.

You are so welcome.

P.S. I also mentioned to Robert that I was excited for winter to be over and I couldn't wait for everything to turn green, to which he replied, "Two weeks, Misty!  Two weeks!"
Who needs a ground hog?




2 comments:

  1. I always feel the same way when a stranger is driving me around...like they are really some creeper from unsolved mysteries. i'm glad you are home and had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...