Wednesday, April 17, 2013

some things about this crazy cat lady.




WHat would these two cats ever do without me?

SOmetimes I get caught up in writing about everything else but me, so please bare with me as I reflect upon myself these magical days of spring...

I'M approaching the age of 39 very quickly {as in 52 days} and I'm feeling really good and positive about that.  I'm honestly feeling the best I ever have, at least confidence-wise.  The thirties have been kind to me.  I mean, my twenties were great too, but I spent those years pregnant and caring for babies {basically a walking zombie} and trying to figure out who I was.  These days I know who I am and I'm rather adamant about it.  Not giving two sh*ts about what other people think is kind of the bomb.  Why couldn't I have realized this sooner?

HOw I spend my days:
Wake up, feed kids, make lunches, do laundry, make beds, open windows, kiss kids goodbye, blog, school work for two hours, realize how late it is, eat lunch, do laundry, do dishes, get dressed, go for a run or go to the gym, grab groceries at Target, come home, shower and dress, do laundry, work on school stuff outside if nice, Facebook, read blogs, welcome kids home from school, vacuum, do laundry, clean house, make dinner, welcome Husband home from work, eat dinner around the table with the family, laugh, be thankful the kids take care of dishes, go outside with the kids or one kid, chill on the deck with my laptop, listen to the kids run around outside with the neighbor kids, retire to the family room and watch some television with Husband, tuck the kids into bed, watch a little more tv, call for the cat, hop into bed, zzzzzzzz.

SChool is going great.  I have finished three classes since I started at the beginning of March and I am half way through Mathematics.  Mathematics; so fun to say, not so fun to do.  I was dreading this class, as I have always maintained that I am horrible at Math, but I'm trying really hard to change my mentality about the subject and my ability to perform well at it.  Perhaps I am very good at Math.  Well, maybe not good at it, but I am definitely getting through the class with way more success than I originally thought I would.  It does help that I can do my work outside in the warm sunshine.  It somehow makes algebraic functioning that much more manageable.

THe exercise hype I was all about two months ago is still in full swing, I am happy to report!  I am still exercising just about every day, only now that it's warmer, I can rotate walking the neighborhood and going to the gym.  Our hood is crazy awesome for a good, intense walking with all of the hills and it sure does beat a treadmill for scenery, 100 percent.  I'm drinking more water every day and taking vitamin d too.  I feel great.  As a family, we have all become a little more aware of what we are putting into our bodies.  For years I put Gatorade into my kids' lunches, but for the last two months they have been drinking water instead.  I'm proud of us.  We've learned to love water.

ANd then there's Pittsburgh, my home.  I have pretty much fallen in love with this place.  I love my new home.  I have developed some pride for this city, the school district, the neighborhood, and the East Coast.  I love being on East Coast time.  For some reason it is so awesome.  I'll let you know when I figure out what that reason is.  :)  I love the humidity.  It's not overabundant, but it feels like being on vacation and who doesn't love being on vacation?  And the thunderstorms?  Pure awesome.  I love the shopping here and discovering new restaurants and parks and such.  There's so much to see in every direction.  Spring in Pittsburgh is just good stuff.

What can I say?  Life is good right now.  I've found my flow.  The adjustment period from moving across the country is done and we are all settled quite nicely.  I'm settled quite nicely.  I'm looking forward to long, slow summer with a few vacations here and there.  But for now, I am perfectly content.


10 comments:

  1. My husband and I are totally jonesing for the east coast. We don't know why, but we know we want it.

    As for the crazy cat lady thing, I'm one, too, so we are kinda kindred in that. I'm also a crazy bunny lady, but ladida. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers for crazy cat ladies! Hip hip!

      Delete
  2. You have cute cats! My mom turns 49 this year and she is super happy with it too! She tells me she wouldn't trade places with me for anything :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love my cats. :) Well, I hope I have your mom's attitude 10 years from now! She sounds happy. :)

      Delete
  3. I couldn't agree more! Perfect timing for me, as I turned 39 yesterday and was thinking about how great I feel about myself. How confident I am and really not giving two sh*ts about what people say about me. It really is quite liberating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday! May we only grow more confident and secure with age!

      Delete
  4. I am so happy to hear that everything is going well and that you are loving Pittsburgh! Math can be so weird, I remember being awful at it with one instructor, and being great at the same exact class with another! I'm glad it's going well for you :) And I love cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree that having a good instructor makes all of the difference. I feel so blessed to have an amazing instructor this time around. My class is online, but I can call in at any time and get my questions answered. :)

      Delete
  5. So glad that life is good right now. And yes to the East Coast! :-) Your new header is gorgeous.

    My goal is definitely to drink more water every day. Glad it's going so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is drinking water so hard to remember? And why can't it taste more like diet coke? :)

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...