Sunday, April 7, 2013

tulip trees. not to be confused with cherry blossoms.



Honestly, the tulip trees were way more bloom-ed than the cherry blossoms this weekend.  And I could see the confusion on lots of tourists' faces.  I might have even laughed at the stupidity ignorance of some people, but just a little bit {and only on the inside}.  I mean, pink is pink and a flower tree is a flower tree.  It's hard sometimes.

As you looked through the photos you may or may not have noticed that the camera lens seems only to be favoring one child.  Don't we have three kids?  Yes, we do.  But on this trip {and for the first time ever in the history of our forever} we left two at home.  Well, the middle child had a birthday/overnighter to attend and the eldest had a dumb college class on Saturday. So priorities are achanging around here, as they do when children get older and parents get old too.  Poor McKenna had to have a whole minivan to herself on the 5-hour drive, all stretched out with her choice of movies, no negotiating or arguing.  I don't know how she managed, but she did it.  

She also convinced us to buy her ice cream and give her piggyback rides.  And making the Washington Monument poke out of our head-tops?  It's one big party when we're in town.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Misty, The tulip trees are beautiful. A couple of years back I visited Atlanta and my daughter's friend had a beautiful tulip tree in her garden. The nearest thing we have here in England is a Magnolia tree, which if the weather warms up (hopefully sometime soon) they should be blossoming.....along with the cherry blossom.
    Have a good day.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two sisters and a brother and I remember when I moved back home after college for 6 months when I was job hunting/finding my life and I was the only one at home. was super weird and fun, I got to know my parents on such a personal level! And things were not as crowded. tee hee.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...