Saturday, May 11, 2013

a gigantic mushroom is all the rage.






Mushrooms are ugly.  I'm sorry, but it's just true.  I've never eaten one, I've never diced one up, I've never even touched one.  I'm kind of afraid of them.  And now I have a giant one peeking out from behind the tree in our backyard.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to have nightmares about it.

I get the idea sometimes that my kids don't want to be photographed.  I can't really blame them.  I feel the same way at times.  I try to balance out the times I bring my camera along and the times I don't because there are moments when it's just important to be in the moment, enjoying it just for the sake of it, without any intent to share it with the world {or the ten people reading}.  My kids are getting old enough to have an opinion about the photos I share and I respect that.  Mostly they don't mind and even enjoy reading my posts, thank goodness, but there are times when I'm taking a photo and I get an eye roll or a tongue sticking out.  Then I know, hey this kid is done with the camera.  Tonight I almost crapped my pants though, when McKenna said, "Mom, I'm going out to climb a tree!  You can come out and take pictures if you want to."

Holy shazam!

So you can imagine how quickly I scooped up my camera and ran outside.  It's a sickness, really.
But boy, is it ever fun.


*i said but boy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! My sister climbed trees all the time. I never could manage to see how she did it. But I love photography! Ever since I was little, I loved having my picture taken and taking pictures. My sister was the absolute opposite! Most pictures of her from 11-19 is "Picture of Em with book in front of face" or "picture of Em when jumping behind couch to hide from camera" Seriously. There are like five pictures of my sister from this time period :P

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...