Saturday, May 11, 2013

happy mother's day to my mom!


My Mom:
39 years of mom experience
18 years of being "grandma."

I made you a young grandma.  And while that might not have been a popular idea at first, me being only twenty and out of wedlock, I am convinced it was one of the best non-plans of my life.  It was such a good non-plan in fact, that I did it again four years later.  I laugh now because I can; my story has a happy ending.  But I try very hard not to put myself in your shoes.  I don't even want to know the parental stress I caused you.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work and I end up empathizing and shaking my head while at the same time feeling thankful that you had my back.

Our children surprise us.  That's what they do.  But we love them and we accept them, even when we don't quite understand or agree with them.  That's what you did for me.

Thank you for a wonderful childhood.  Thank you for showing me what a good parent does and is.  Thank you for being there for me always.

And you are most certainly welcome for making you a young grandma!

Happy Mother's Day.  I love you.  And I have your back too.



1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's day Misty! I hope you have a wonderful time with all of your precious family! :)

    XO

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...