Tuesday, May 7, 2013

stop the madness.


Cat pictures.  That's what I have on my camera, so that's what you're going to get.  But seriously folks, is there anything much cuter than a cat cleaning it's ears with it's little paws?

This Monday and Tuesday, I think my brain has been dabbling a wee bit in a state of madness.  We are on the verge of insanity, but I know we are going to pull through, my mind and I.  I blame it mostly on Math studies, but Literature seems to be leaving quite an impression as well.  First {and best!} of all, I made it through the Math course and now all I have left is to take a pretest and then the final exam.  These previous two days I have been going through the whole course - AGAIN - taking notes and refreshing my memory.  It's been a j.o.b.  On top of that, I am trying to bust out my last Literature paper, which has had me reading and writing about two short stories.  I chose Charlotte Perkins Gilman's "The Yellow Wallpaper" and William Faulkner's "A Rose for Emily."  Have you ever read these stories?  They are both about women who go insane; one who eventually imagines herself stuck behind horrid, yellow wallpaper and the other who poisons her beau and sleeps next to his deteriorating body until her death at age 74.  Delightful little tales of all things happy-go-lucky.

Well, I did have that one dream that I was eating a never-diminishing bowl of steamed rice and algebra equations.  Am I going insane too?  It sure feels like it.  Perhaps I should leave the house for a while and get some fresh air.  In my attempt to work work, work, I have let the cupboards grow sparse.  I'm having to really get creative for dinner, but have been lucking out so far.  Tonight we had blueberry waffles, bacon, and sausage and the kids were happy.  No one has complained or made demands for food.  But I know someone will say something eventually.  Elyssa actually ate a can of refried beans this morning for breakfast.

Misty, stop the madness and get thyself to the store, my dear.  School can wait.  We miss your brain.

1 comment:

  1. hhahahahahha I loved when my mom made breakfast for dinner. It's like the best thing ever.

    As for the refried beans? I am dying. That is beyond hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...