Wednesday, May 8, 2013

that time i failed at making the best-ever waffles and blogged about it anyway.




Maybe you can appreciate my efforts this morning, rather than my outcomes.  Sometimes I like to remind myself and anyone else out there that I am indeed human.  Lower your expectations and we'll get along like best-friends-forever.

If you take anything away from this post at all, please add a drizzle of Cream Soda to your waffle mix.  You won't be sorry.

And secondly, please don't be sparing with the non-stick spray, like I was, or you won't have best-ever waffles to eat because they'll be stuck like glue to the waffle-maker.

-------------------------------------------

Moving on...

Yesterday I received my first-ever e-vite to attend a PTA luncheon in two weeks.  I have lived in Pittsburgh {in a somewhat reclusive manner} for all of 8 months now and am really just beginning to find my confidence when it comes to being social.  Why do I have to be so darn shy and tongue-tied???  Over the winter, I put myself out there and took photos for McKenna's basketball team for the season, and that really was a conversation starter - an ice breaker.  It was comfortable for me.  Then a few weeks ago I approached McKenna's coach {who also happens to be PTA president} and offered to help out in any way I can.  I hope I didn't sound desperate.  Anyway, she had had me in mind that day because they need another yearbook photographer for the school.  How perfect is that for me????  So I have my fingers crossed that it works out and I can continue to put myself out there and meet new people and take pictures of the kids and feel part of something bigger than just me.  I have missed working with kids so much and there is just something about volunteer work that feels so darn good.  I like a paycheck, don't get me wrong, but nothing beats giving of yourself and expecting nothing in return.  Except maybe waffles made with cream soda.


1 comment:

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...