Thursday, May 23, 2013

the happiest dance of all happy dances (and an exam-taking reenactment).


Math used to be my biggest fear, educationally speaking.  I have done everything to avoid the subject, even in my {mature} adult years.  If we had never moved to Pittsburgh and I was still plugging away at my Education degree at EWU, I would have taken every single course necessary EXCEPT for Math.  And I probably would have had to graduate a whole year late because of all the Math classes I would have needed to take.  That's the path I was on, saving Math until the very end.  Because I was scared.

WGU, where I am currently enrolled, wouldn't let me wait until the very end.  Big, caring meanies.  And they combined all of those icky Math subjects into one, giant cumulative class so I wouldn't have to take so many courses.  It was like a Math piñata; Algebra, Geometry, Trig., Pythagorean Theory, and Functions all together - done at once with one crazy, happy whack of a stick!   When I say piñata, that makes it sound fun, but I was a nervous, anxious wreck before the test {like, a whole week before the test}. The above photos {taken after the test} show a little bit what I was going through for the two hours of testing madness.  Only I was probably not sooooo dramatic, as it was a proctored exam and someone was watching me through my web cam.  But the emotions were all there, I pinky swear.

I passed.  With an 80%.  I'm cool with that.  So cool with that.  My biggest fear has been beaten to a pulp and I can have my mind back.  Math anxiety can take a trip and never come back, thank you very much.  And just in time for Memorial Day weekend!!!  I am happy dancing to the moon and back!

Have a great weekend!  I hope it's a long one for you!  Not long as in the dragging kind of long, rather the kind of long that is three to four days of work-free joy.

6 comments:

  1. I like that your fingers are blurred but you can still see it in the reflection! =) Congrats on passing the math exam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is hilarious! And you are observant! Thank you!!!! :)

      Delete
    2. I noticed that too and couldn't help but laugh!

      Delete
  2. I just finished my teaching certification at WGU in March and will finish my Master's in October. I really liked their program. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have known so many people who have done programs with them and loved it. I treat math much like you did...good job on your score! Hat kind of teacher do you want to be?

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...