Thursday, May 9, 2013

to my mother-in-law, thank you for raising an amazing son.




It couldn't have been easy, being married to a detective, raising three children, while working as a nurse. Somehow you got your kids to school and practice and competitions. You had dogs and cats and birds as pets. You traveled, you moved. Your son tells us stories about his father/son motorcycle adventures. I can only imagine the topics at the dinner table, with a homicide detective for a father and a nurse for a mother. Your son was able to compete in BMX races as a young boy and later he became a competitive shooter. I see photos of you, propped on a bike or sitting at a table, aiming a rifle. I imagine you were there with your son, sharing in his experiences and taking the photos. Whatever it is you did for him, he has turned out to be an amazing husband and an awesome father and I thank you. His work ethic, his dedication, his no-skin-off-my-shoulder outlook; I think that maybe came for you.

I love him. I have since the day I first saw him and I knew {just by looking at him} that he was going places and I wanted to go too. A gentleman. Somehow, that little boy who used to wreak havoc on his little brother, turned into a gentleman. So, on those days when you wonder where the time went and if there was anything differently you could have done {I have those days}, please know that you did just fine with that boy. You were a good mom.

Thank you for him.

Happy Mother's Day.

4 comments:

  1. I love this post and I will probably steal this idea since my mother in law reads my blog.

    I feel the same way about her.

    Also, this post gave me the chills. So so sweet.

    There might be a tear in my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty, I love this post so much. Your MIL sounds like a fantastic lady. Those dinner conversations really must have been incredible considering those professions. I love that you knew he was the one from the first moment you saw him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this made me tear up. how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...