Saturday, June 29, 2013

easy-style fried tacos. because easy is awesome.

Mom, can this be the only way you make tacos from now on?
               -Jackson

OMG, you guys.  These tacos, messy, but so good.  
This is my quick version of the Pioneer Woman's Chicken Tacos.
Because I served these up for lunch and lunch is not supposed to be as extravagant as dinner, am I right?

I used:
corn tortillas
canola oil
ground beef
taco seasoning packet
shredded cheese & toppings

While frying the ground beef {according to the directions on the taco seasoning packet}, heat the canola oil in a separate skillet. Fill it up about an inch or so with the oil.  I keep my burner at 5 (medium) because once oil gets too hot, it takes on an evil force of its own and it scares me.  Once the meat is done and the oil is hot, place a scoop of cooked taco meat onto the middle of the corn tortilla, sprinkle on some cheese, and then fold gently {corn tortillas like to rip open}.  I used tongs to place them ever-so-gently into the oil and held the taco folded for a sec so that it didn't flop open.  After about 40 seconds, I flipped it over and let the other side have a turn to fry to a crisp {we must be fair about these things}.  Set the tacos onto a paper towel to absorb the oil, let them cool a minute, then dip them in fresh salsa and eat them to death.

Even Colt was licking his chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...