Friday, June 21, 2013

hey you guuuyyys! it's the goonies house.



Husband and I took a little time for ourselves at the beach, leaving the grandparents to take the kids to the arcade {yet again}.  We drove twenty minutes north of Seaside to visit Astoria, Oregon {not Washington, like I accidentally said once and made Husband laugh at me} with our sights set on seeing the real-life house from the movie Goonies.  It wasn't like we just had to see it, but it was rainy and we were killing time and well, why not?

The house is just like in the movie.  Duh.  It's in a normal neighborhood, nestled on a hill with an amazing view of the Columbia River.  People even live in it and there's even next door neighbors.  I wonder what it's like to have a constant stream of random Goonies fans walk up to your house to take pictures.  The mailman told us that sometimes they even have special tours inside the house.  Eek.  

To take our experience to a whole new level, we watched Goonies when we got back to the beach house.  It seemed like the right thing to do.


4 comments:

  1. loove this. I am so jealous of this trip, it looks sooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! My cousin lived there and I visited her in 1999. She drove me past that house. Very cool. Isn't Astoria the coolest place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Astoria is so cool. It's not so touristy, even with the maritime museum and the homes are so colorful. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah...we went to the maritime museum while I was there. We traveled all over and visited so many placed. I would love to live in Oregon or Washington. My cousin and her husband are actually moving back. They just bought a house in Portland. Your vacation looks amazing!

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...