Monday, June 10, 2013

indoor field day, thanks to some rain.



Today McKenna's teacher asked me why on Earth I volunteer to take photos for the school's year book and I told her it's because I love it, of course!  And I do.  I just love it!  It's a lot of walking, a lot of photographing, and a lot of encouraging glances betwixt adults who are absolutely tired after these fun school events that take so much coordination and planning and energy, but it's totally my kind of thing.  

Usually held outdoors, Field Day was forced to take place inside today because of the rain and threat of thunderstorms, but that didn't stop the fun.  There was scooter racing, toilet paper racing, puzzle racing, a shoe relay race, bingo, and popsicle eating!  It was never a dull moment, let me tell you.  There was also humidity.  Plenty of it.  I mean, of course there was.  It was raining.  But, I'm still getting used to the idea of rain when it's 86 degrees out.  Do you have any idea what that does to your hair?  Well, I found out today.  I went into that school with lovely, freshly curled hair and when I returned to my car 3 hours later and looked into the rearview mirror?  Gasp!  How can hair get so big???  

Enough about me and my giant, frizzing coif though.  I'll get it figured out sooner or later.  I'm just happy that on this second-to-last day of school, I am celebrating the successes of my children.  I see them adjusted and social and doing well academically, which was my single hope when we moved them across the country.  From start to finish, they nailed their first year in a new school, in a new land, and I am so proud of them all.  

1 comment:

  1. She is such a mini you!

    and Field Day was my favorite day of the year!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...