Wednesday, June 26, 2013

letting the light in with a simpler look.


When we bought this house it came with a terrific window valance in the dining room, but it swallowed up the top third of the window.  I'm trying something new and forgoing any window treatment.  I like my light and now we get so much more!!!  And the view opens up to our very private backyard, so privacy isn't a worry.

I'm still getting used to such a simple look though.  What do you think of bare windows?

Is this just a phase?  Am I going to be putting that valance back up?

6 comments:

  1. love it! I prefer the simple look vs heavy drapery and with a private backyard it works out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's too bad that I haven't see the sun since I removed the valance. Come back sun! Bring back the light!!

      Delete
  2. I love it! natural light is the best "accessory" to a home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natural light is the best, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. As an interior designer, I think I am predisposed to dislike a window without anything on it. But I do like letting in as much light as possible, so the valance doesn't seem like a good solution. How about a pair of curtain panels that can be pushed far enough to each side to let in as much light as you want?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eyes have the hardest time with it too, being bare. I might just try sheer, white curtains! Thanks for your honesty! :)

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...