Friday, June 14, 2013

sometimes do you forget you can make pancakes from scratch?

I'm serious.  Sometimes {more like always} I completely forgo making pancakes because we are out of pancake mix.  Do you do this too?  Well, now that it's summer and the kids are having sleepovers at increasing rates, that means more mouths to feed in the morning and I can't promise I'm going to always have a supply of Bisquick in the cupboard.  This morning was one of those mornings, with three teenage boys to feed and zero pancake mix...but I came up with a backup plan!

Pancakes from scratch!  You probably have this stuff already in your kitchen.

1 1/2 cups flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons melted butter
+ a splash of soda for fluffiness



Another quick and easy tip... serve with oven-baked bacon!  This is the only way I make bacon because we LOVE bacon but I HATE the greasy mess of frying it in a pan.  Line a baking sheet with foil.  Place the strips of bacon on top.  Place in the oven at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Easy, peasy, everyone's happy!  And cleanup is a breeze.

Of course, adding chocolate chips or berries to the pancakes is awesome!  And those frozen hash brown patties at your grocery store make for an easy breakfast side as well.


2 comments:

  1. I totally do tend to think--no pancake mix, no pancakes. :P Though I know it's not hard to make pancakes without mix, either. Have you ever tried "Kodiak" pancake mix? I grew up on bisquick mix, and I've always used it for pancakes--but the first time I tried Kodiak, I was hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make pancakes........

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...