Wednesday, June 12, 2013

sometimes you need to have a homework-burning ceremony.






School is OUT!!!!
And boy did we make a day of our last day.

Jackson's 8th grade class spent the day at the high school, finding their classes and eating lunch in the cafeteria.  He LOVED it!  He is so excited about next year and at the prospect of joining clubs and taking Spanish and just being a big high school kid.

I took pictures again at McKenna's school today, as the 5th graders lined up along the halls and the 6th graders paraded through saying their goodbyes.  It was an emotional goodbye for some of the girls, which of course had me teary-eyed too.  Oh the drama.  All of the teachers lined up along the sidewalk, waving goodbye to all of the busses full of happy students.  It was a very cool thing.  Everyone was excited, especially the teachers, even if they try not to show it too much.  :)

Right after school, the kids met up with friends down at the pool and I followed a bit later with pizza.  Wow!  I could get used to that kind of life; eating pizza by the pool.  Wait, that is my life.  I'm so spoiled.  After swimming, we lit a fire in the backyard so that we could burn Jackson's homework papers and make s'mores.  Boy, was that guy happy about burning his paperwork.

Tomorrow calls for sleeping in.  On a Wednesday!  And then we'll see who says the word "bored" first.  :)


6 comments:

  1. Looks like someone enjoyed the homework burning ceremony a little too much! LOL! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!

    p.s. I know you went from dark to blonde, how does your hair look so healthy. I need tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, by a miracle I think! It takes a ton of work these days to get it pretty and then that humidity comes along and BAM!

      Delete
  3. Ha love that he got to burn his school work
    You are totally making me hungry for s'mores, but it has gotten way too hot here to make an outdoor fire
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty warm to sit by the fire, I'll admit. Usually we wait until later into the night, but I didn't want to be on fire duty that long. My bed was calling! :)

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...