Wednesday, July 17, 2013

one year ago, today: moving day.







Would it be completely insane of me to start a blog about our move from Spokane to Pittsburgh and then not do a recap when we reach our one-year anniversary?  I should think so!

On this same day last year, the movers came and packed up our house.  I remember it being bittersweet.  I was so happy to be getting out of that house and off that busy street, but I was also sad to say goodbye to friends.  We celebrated by having pool parties at our hotel, while our belongings were getting packaged for shipping.  Looking back through these photos, I would say that {for being nervous} we all look pretty happy and content.  Contentment.  That's the look I see on Husband's face.

There is peace even in the moments of moving-across-the-country-chaos.

2 comments:

  1. Happy 1 year in Pittsburgh anniversary! I can't imagine all the stress and worry that go with moving in general, let alone moving across the country. Your family has done it with grace and humor and it's been a pleasure following your adventures this year! Congrats! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessie! It has been a wild year, but it really has brought this troop closer together. And Pittsburgh is pretty cool stuff!
      Thanks for keeping my company along the way!
      Misty

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...