Tuesday, August 20, 2013

dreamy annapolis continued.












These are the last of the weekend photos in Annapolis, Maryland.  Isn't it just the bees knees?  I have a feeling this place is always abuzz with people, but it's probably less crowded on a weekday.  The Plebes from the Naval Academy were out in full force too, in their head to toe white uniforms, so that added to the ambiance for sure.  It's like the colonial-dressed at Williamsburg or the Amishly-clothed at Lancaster; it just adds to the whole experience.

I just can't get over these historical places in the North East and I CANNOT wait to visit more!  There is just something about standing in a town where Thomas Jefferson signed a treaty to end the Revolutionary War and later issued the call to the states that led to the Constitutional Convention in Philly.  Maybe I'm just a nerd, or it's because I'm smack-dab in the middle of taking a Government/Constitution class, but this history stuff is pretty darn cool.

I have a feeling that a trip over to Philadelphia is in my near future.

1 comment:

  1. I've never been to Annapolis, but it looks amazingly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...