Saturday, August 24, 2013

moving furniture around. it's therapy.





Every once in a while I move furniture around.  I get bored and Doh! There goes a table or a chair or whatever I happen to be fixated on at the moment.  
Today it all started with a vacuum cleaner.  
All I wanted to do was vacuum the floors... 
when suddenly I found myself dragging our thrifted leather chair from the living room to the family room.  
Which then, of course, led to scooting out the wooden bookcase and baskets to replace the empty space I just made in the living room.  
Which then meant I had to unplug lamps and move them around, plug them in, decide I didn't like the new placement, grab a lamp from our bedroom, move them around again, and finally get it right.
And then there was all that decor that needed rearranging, of course.  A few times.

Oh and then I had to finish vacuuming.

I suppose that furniture rearranging {as a hobby} {or as an addiction} has its bonuses.  Like saving money!!!  Rather than go out and purchase new items to fill a space, I find myself "shopping"from my bedroom to decorate a living room space or "stealing"from the basement to add to the kitchen.  Things are in semi-constant rotation around here.  And I hate to even think about it right now, but I suppose in just three months I'll be moving things around again to make room for Christmas trees.  Can you believe I just said that???  It's still summer!  

Are you constantly moving decor and furniture around too?
I give my mom all the credit for that inherited trait.  :)



2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a beautiful house! Your home decor is also gorgeous, you have impeccable taste.

    I love moving around furniture and stuff, although, at the place that we're living at now there is no much room for that, so I don't really do it as often anymore. I will have to wait until we move to (hopefully soon) a house of our own -sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, when we lived in our Spokane house we had so little space and I became obsessed with rearranging our living room to get the furniture in just the right places. It was the only room I could move anything and so it was in constant rotation. It makes me laugh just thinking about it. :)

      And I'm really not sure how I ended up getting decor that all coincides because most of it is from garage sales, gifts, and from family. Oh, it's probably the stuff I buy at Target that brings it all together. LOL!

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...