Thursday, August 29, 2013

three for thursday. real life.

There's a funny meme out there about how some lives can look so pinterest-perfect {beautiful food, well-behaved children, gorgeous gardens}, while the rest of us are just happy to be breathing.  I try to keep things real here on the blog, but only in a positive light because my family is involved and the last thing I want to do is embarrass them.  I also love taking photos and that generally involves pointing my camera at the pretty things in life, not so much the ugly.  I suppose this can make my life appear next to ideal, but I have poop to scoop, just like everyone else.  I get stressed.  I burn dinner.  I put off cleaning bathrooms to do my school work.  I sometimes stay in my pajamas all day to write an essay.  I panic at 5pm daily wondering what on Earth I'm going to make for dinner.  I have zero green thumb skills {and I thought I was getting so good!}.  

So, here are three little peeks into the not done-up...

1.  My quiet mornings on the computer.  I'm having a hard time waking up early with the kids for school.  The kids really are so independent now at getting dressed, eating breakfast, making lunches, getting backpacks together that I am completely unnecessary except to ask annoying questions and repeat gentle reminders.  I sit on the couch in my pj's and dig into my Government/Constitution class from 6:30am until around 11:30am when I suddenly feel the need to shower, eat, do laundry and run to the grocery store.  Occasionally I get up to refill my Diet Coke that is keeping me semi-awake.

2.  My bed stays unmade until noon on most days.  I blame the Constitution.

3.  Just last week these plants were looking so pretty, but somehow I've managed to destroy them.  All I have to do is look at them wrong.

Other than that, my life is honestly just like Pinterest.


*Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

4 comments:

  1. haha...love this post! Oh, how fab it would be if life was like Pinterest all the time! Love your cute robe, by the way! And I have killed every plant I've ever owned. Major black thumb. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't fool me. I know your tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hhahahha my plants look identical to this. dead.


    wouldn't it be cook if life was JUST like pinterest all the time. I'd never have to clean. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My bed stays unmade till Angel makes it! But seriously, even than messy bed picture is pretty....probably because you have a gorgeous cover to your bed!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...