Wednesday, August 28, 2013

wear. and the subject of commitment.


Outfit posts and I have had a back-and-forth relationship and I have been very open about it.  I go on and on and on and on and on and on about the awkwardness I feel in regards to posing for the camera, yet I continue to do it.
It's got to be ANNOYING, I know.  
I'm going to appear like I'm going off topic for a moment, but I promise I'll bring it back around and tie it all together nicely in the end...
The other day, the adults in the family were having a discussion about the stresses of making life decisions, as I imagine most families with college-going kids have.  The topic was based on choosing a college major, which can feel like the biggest, scariest decision to make.  What if I choose the wrong degree?  What if that leads to the wrong career?  STRESS! To sum up our conversation in the shortest way possible, Husband's and my advice to any college student {like our daughter} is to choose to study what you are passionate about today and don't look too far ahead into the future.  You can never know where one moment will take you to the next.  Set goals, plan, and make adjustments as the need arises.  And for the love of all that is good in this world, there comes a time when you need to stop looking at all of your options and just pick one and commit already!  Because when you commit, the choices are removed and you are freeeeeeeee {!!!} from the stress of making decisions!
You can move on.
And as I promised, I'm bringing the conversation back to tie into my outfit posts...
I'm just going to shut up with this shy crap and commit already.
A lot of you seem to like them.
I like them.
Done.

If this was confusing, I apologize.  I'm really just trying to say that I'm going to continue posting me and my wears on a regular basis.


Style Elixir

pleated poppy


18 comments:

  1. Have I ever mentioned how lovely blonde hair is on you?? I liked your darker hair too, but this looks great as well!!
    And seriously, choosing a major is terrifying. I went with my passion. But I married a guy who went for practicality. It's good to have a combo of both, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really am keen on the blond right now too! And I totally agree on practicality. We talked about that too, but fortunately for my daughter, she has a very practical passion for Biology and pre-med (so far)! We'll see how she feels after this term! Lol!

      Delete
  2. I also think it's important to just commit to something you're passionate about in college. That's what I did, and everything turned out really well.

    I don't want to hear any more back and forth about outfit posts...you're doing them! You're fantastic and have an amazing wardrobe...so that's that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your owl! and your outfit is super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pleated coral skirt! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee..to outfits posts and great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is SUCH an adorable outfit! I love it! Would love to team up with you one day!

    Lauren<3
    modern1modesty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the same way about outfit posts, they are so awkward sometimes! But I get a lot of positive reaction, and I like what it's doing for me so I do it. And if you like them, I say go for it! Plus, I LOVE your outfit! :) Visiting from WIWW. :)

    Amanda goatandlulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of it that way, but the reactions I get from the wonderful ladies who visit this blog really make me feel like a zillion bucks!
      Thanks for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  8. Yay I love your outfit posts and I love this outfit! Choosing a major is SO stressful! Like you said, it leads to so many other decisions after that! I got my BA in Psychology, my MA in Criminology and now I'm getting my MBA. So I guess I'm not one to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a beautiful look, love the skirt and that shirt!!!! You are looking good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look and the advice! Your awesome outfits are just part of who you are, so thanks for sharing them again :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Rachael above, your hair looks beautiful in blonde. You know we can't get enough of your looks, your style is impeccable, I have always loved it personally, you really do inspire me.

    Your blog is awesome, you have a little bit of everything, and that is what makes it great. The conversation is great in between outfit posts, trust me, it makes it much more readable/entertaining than some of those that have a ton of pictures of outfits without the convo at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because I'm that way in real life...always talking and explaining!!! :)

      Delete
  12. Omg are you SURE we werent separated at birth or somthing??? i have that same skirt lol but in Cobalt, mine is from Banana Republic, is yours??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES it is from Banana Republic! I paid full price for this skirt {which I hardly ever do} because the fit is amazing and it's just too cute!

      Delete
  13. This is so cute! Love the stripes and color!!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...