Sunday, September 8, 2013

and the kitchen is finally painted. phew.

When I painted this kitchen the same time last year, yellow was my favorite everything.  I still love the color, but needed more light in this room.  I faced my fear of plain, old white and went for it!  The photos really don't do it justice, but it is so much brighter and lighter in here now and I love it.  This project took me a week and I really did work on it most of the day, so you can imagine how happy I am to be finished.  I spray-painted the backsplash to match the off-white cabinets and I chose a similar off-white, creamy color for the trim and doors {I did not paint the cabinets}.  I chose a soft white for the walls to contrast against the trim.  And I made the window valance from a shower curtain because I am cheap.  :)

It's so much simpler now, basically cream {from the cabinets and backsplash} and brown {from the floor and the countertop} with pops of color from my decor.  I feel like I have so many decorating options available now with a clean, coordinating foundation.  

Have you painted with white?  Does it take a while to get used to it?

7 comments:

  1. shut the front door. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so fresh and new! Love your cute red chairs...darling!!! Great style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah....it looks awesome! LOVE it! I cannot believe you didn't paint the cabinets. What a difference a little paint can make. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't believe how much your table and chairs POP now. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that you painted the backsplash...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks SO good! I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house is so cute! I seriously want to fly you to Utah to help me decorate my home when I finally buy a house. I have to wait until the hubs is done with Pharmacy School. One day.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...