Thursday, September 19, 2013

getting those instagram photos off the phone and displayed in the house.


I know there are a few choices out there for printing Instagram photos. I chose Printstagram simply because it came up first when I googled.  No rocket science in this house.  But WOW!  I am so impressed by the quality of my prints!  The paper is matte and has a nice weight to it, a little thinner than card stock, and very sturdy.  I used blue painters tape to get nice level lines and spacing when taping my photos onto the dining room wall.  I also used the same tape to stick the photos directly onto the wall.  I don't foresee any curling because of the thickness of the photos, but I might do a nice plexiglas overlay if things start getting messy.

My collection of Anthropologie plates has also grown this week and I think I'm all set.  I am absolutely loving this area of our house now!  White paint has made all the difference.  It's so light in here and it really allows my bright decor to pop. Husband even changed out all of the dining room and kitchen lightbulbs so we now have nice, bright, energy efficient bulbs.  I can't let you think I'm the only one doing the work around here.  :)

An interesting factoid:  Did you know I have over 1,700 photos on Instagram?
That seems like a lot.


6 comments:

  1. How did you hang those plates on the wall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got tired of buying plate hangers, so all I do is hot glue a paper clip to the back middle edge of the plate {from which to hang on the nail}. Then I cut a small circle of felt and hot glue that over the lower portion of the paper clip and the plate. The felt seems to grab the glue and give a secure hold. Does that make sense? The link below shows how it's done, only I add the felt for more security.

      http://inmyownstyle.com/2009/12/how-to-make-a-plate-hanger.html

      Delete
  2. I really want to do this. I think I want to put them on my fridge, though. I'll have to see if you can get them in magnet form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley - Sticky Gram is a site that will turn them into magnets. I've ordered before and they do a good job.

      Delete
  3. I just placed my order and I can't wait to do something fun with them. Love this idea. Thanks for sharing the idea and the website. I'm always happy to steal ideas shamelessly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so super cool, aren't they? I forget how much I love printed photos!

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...