Tuesday, September 3, 2013

wearing the blues.


Decked out in head-to-toe navy for no reason at all.  The hat and the top are J. Crew, the jeans are thrifted, and the leopard print slippers are from way back in the day.

I wore this outfit out shopping and running errands this morning and then I spent the rest of the day in paint clothes.  For some reason I decided my kitchen needed to be painted white and it needed to happen right this second.  So I'm knee-deep in white paint and blue tape, plus I've got a hedge-trimming project in the works in our side yard {my husband used the term willy-nilly to describe it}, and I'm still going strong in my Government class.  In the meantime, all other household chores are suffering.

But my kitchen is looking the BOMB thus far!  Oh just you wait!  Just you wait, indeed.


Style Elixir

pleated poppy


Suburbsmama

8 comments:

  1. Your navy blue outfit totally matches your nautically-themed header. I love it! You look darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I couldn't have planned that better if I tried!

      Delete
  2. i have been wanting that jcrew shirt...so cute! I can't wait to see your kitchen...i been feeling the same way about white in my house, time for a change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it about white? Let me tell you, after years of color, my eyes are having a hard time adjusting to white. I know I will love the simplicity and brightness once my ADD mind relaxes and gets use to it. Pictures soon! I'm almost done!

      Delete
  3. love the casual outfit, I used to hate white walls, but I'd actually kill for some in my overly painted house right now. It's so refreshing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blue ensemble from head to toe (including the leopard ballerines :)). Have a great weekend!
    BiTi
    http://www.pret-a-vivre.com/2013/09/the-long-and-short-of-white-shorts-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Misty. I am hopping over from Two Thirty-Five Designs. Love this casual outfit. Very stylish. Such a pretty shirt.
    Have a lovely day.
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha when i get a whim to do something i usually have to do it RIGHT that second too! Hence why i know have a pixie cut, haha! And you outfit is so cute- you look amazing in a cap!

    Ps i found you through the two thirty-five designs link up :)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...