Tuesday, October 15, 2013

in a fog.


Mornings are hard, I'm not going to lie.  With Husband gone during the week, it's been up to me to get up with the high schooler and keep him company in the dark a.m.  By "keep him company" I mostly mean that I sit on the couch and groggily listen to that boy talk and talk and talk {Jackson is quite the morning person and loves good, peppy early morning conversation}.  When it's time for him to head out to the bus stop, I stand in the open doorway and watch him walk to the corner and I wait vigilantly for another bus rider to join him {it's creepy, spooky dark out there!} and then I return to the couch until it's time to begin the ridiculous ritual of coaxing McKenna out of bed.  It usually takes three attempts for her to finally roll out of bed and by the third try I'm usually making false threats about letting her sleep in.  I manage to get her lunch made and some sort of breakfast put together and then I find the couch again.  Elyssa finally makes an appearance before heading out the door for school and I don't even remove myself from the couch for her.  She probably prefers it that way anyway.  Once the kids are gone and the house is quiet, I stay seated on the couch, pull over my laptop and get started on my studies.  Before I know it, it's 10:00am and I start to feel really lazy, even though I've been working my brain.  I decide a nap is in order.  My eyelids can hardly stay open.  I fall over onto a pillow and doze off for twenty minutes or so.  It's heavenly, but I wake up panicked!  I've wasted my morning!  I've got to get up and get going!  It's 10:30am and I haven't even showered!!!  I have so much to do!!  

Where do the kids get all of their energy and where can I get some?
And like I say every single night, without fail...
Tonight I'm going to bed early.


3 comments:

  1. I have been setting my alarm for 6 am every morning to get up, have coffee, and catch up on blogs. yeahhh...that 6 am wake up call ends up being 7:55 and I have barley 30 minutes to get out the door. I am not the morning person I so wish to be either my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I say every day...tonight I'm going to bed earlier!

    You're such a good momma! I love that Jackson is a morning person and such a talker! I hope my boys are like that when they're in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to go to bed early but night time is when I get everything done! I'm a complete total without a doubt night owl!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...