Thursday, October 10, 2013

never too old.


While it's true that it would have been easier to earn my college degree right out of high school, when life was simpler and less full of a husband and three kids, I have zero regrets about how it all panned out.  As an older-adult student, I couldn't appreciate a good education more.  I understand that I am paying to be educated and I value what I am learning.  I work hard and I have fun.  And everyday I am one step closer to fulfilling two of my dreams.  One, to be a college graduate.  Two, to become a teacher.  I'll be 40 when both of these dreams come true.  I'll have a daughter who will be a college senior, a son who will be a high school Sophomore, and a daughter who will be in the 7th grade.  I'll be paying student loans until the day I die, happily.  I have been so blessed to be able to raise these kids at home.  It has been a wonderful experience, getting an education right along side them.  I see each of them experiencing so many opportunities and being strong and brave that I know I can be brave and strong too.  It's never too late.  When I'm 40, I'll be a college graduate and a teacher.  Awesome.

What are you dreaming of?

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Congratulations!! I feel like my life is pretty much set and I am only 27!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, girl! Ah to be 27 again. :)

      Delete
  2. A few of my classmates are in their late 40s and are earning their JD. When they get out, they'll still have 15 to 20 years to practice. It is never too late. I am just glad I am doing it now because I would not have the energy to do it later in life. I barely have the energy now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 15 to 20 years is a long time to have a great job. Good for them. I used to be stressed by the fact that I'm going to have to pay back student loans rather later in life, but that doesn't bother me anymore. I'll have so many more opportunities ahead of me now!

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...