Wednesday, November 6, 2013

early evening sunsets.


This Fall forward thing is fine by me.  An earlier sunset means more time to feel cozy indoors each evening.  A lighter, brighter morning means 6:30am doesn't feel so much like waking up in the middle of the night.  It's lovely to see the sun peeking through the trees or the light bouncing off the leaves, as the sun is in the process of either rising or falling.  I'm not picky, just so long as there is sunshine.  And we've had plenty of that lately.  It's been beautiful.

When we moved to Pittsburgh, the silly people here tried to compare this place to Portland and Seattle, in terms of rain.  They were dead serious.  We envisioned 43 consecutive days of heavy rain {like we put up with in Portland} and rain dumping from the sky every single day at 3pm when I went to pick the kids up from school {like we experienced in Seattle}.  We had a wonderful seven year reprieve from the wet stuff when we lived in dry-as-a-bone-until-it-snows Spokane.  I was not looking forward to living in another wet state.  I enjoy my sun, as it gives me direct energy and keeps me from turning into a depressive witch.  But as I stated before, Pittsburgh people are silly for even trying to compare themselves to the never-outdone-in-the-rain-department northwest.  It just can't be done.  Pittsburgh is a sunshine state, whether they like it or not.  Yes it rains, yes it snows, but it does most of that wet stuff overnight while I'm tucked into my bed asleep.  When I wake up, the sun is blaring through my kitchen window.

And I am thankful.

And I realize that I probably jinxed any chance of Pittsburgh being sunny when my parents come to visit next week.
Sorry, Mom and Dad.






3 comments:

  1. can you gather up some leaves put them in a box and mail them to me!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh I want your fall sooo bad!!!!!!! Please send it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are gorge pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...