Sunday, November 10, 2013

leaves for miles.


The other day Jackson and I busted our buns raking and blowing and mowing the leaves in our yard. It was exhausting work, yet rewarding. We had this place in ship-shape condition and we were content. Proud even. And then we woke up the next morning and it looked like we hadn't done a single thing. The wind came along overnight and shook even more leaves out from the trees. My lovely, little orange tree {that truthfully isn't so little} burst overnight, leaving the grass beneath covered in orange, leafy crunch. To Jackson, it was a sad lesson in work that seemed for naught. We achieved nothing. I had to remind him that we did achieve exercise and we did lighten the workload for our next leaf day. He also learned how to use the leaf blower, how to rake leaves onto a tarp, and how to suck the leaves up into the mower bag. We actually did a lot.

Pretty soon he won't even need me out there.

And for that I am thankful.  

Lololololololololololololololololz.


2 comments:

  1. I've never been so jealous of leaves in my life.I want your fall sooo bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel - we have giant oaks in our front and back yards and it never seems to end.

    You may already know this handy tip, but I swear until I moved into our house w/my husband I raked leaves my whole life and never knew this: After raking into piles, use two rakes like salad forks to pick up leaves when putting into a bag or can. Duh, so simple, but I always did it the hard way before he showed me that method, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...