Wednesday, November 13, 2013

thankful for an education.

It's cold out.  Reeeeeaaaaaallllllllly cold.  There are still patches of snow in the shadier areas of the yard, which means the temperatures didn't get high enough to melt it all away.  Like I said, really cold.  I have been indoors most of the day, dividing my time evenly between writing a paper on my classroom management philosophies and scrubbing the house from floor to ceiling for my parents' arrival tomorrow night.  I completely take after my mom in that regard.  Company means the house must be clean, especially the toilets!  

I spent this morning watching classroom videos, observing new teachers and the stresses and joys of the job.  The first year of teaching is supposedly a killer, but I'm okay with that.  I'm a little nervous, of course, but I'm just going make sure I'm ridiculously, annoyingly, overly-prepared.  In fact, I don't think the term "overly-prepared" exists in teaching.  I think it's just the cool thing to be.  I am so thankful for everything I am learning.  I've overcome hurdles {mostly of my own making} to get where I am today and I really appreciate the value of my education.  I am thankful for my time at Spokane Falls Community College and for the opportunity I had to work with Head Start.  I am thankful for the time I studied at Eastern Washington University.  It was hard to say goodbye to that place when we moved.  But now I am extremely thankful for Western Governors University, where I have the opportunity to finish my degree online.  I was so skeptical at first, but this really has been such an amazing experience.    I am blessed to be able to learn on my own time and at my own pace {quickly-quick-quick-quick}.  It means that I can study around my life, which tends to get busy.  I have time for my kids, I have time for my husband, I have time to clean like a maniac when my parents come to visit.  And I can put work away while they are here.

School is cool.
And for that, I am thankful.


2 comments:

  1. My husband finished his degree online while we were busy having babies. It's not easy so kudos to you for going for it and clearly striking a balance for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really very helpful and amazing. In this title suit your blog and awesome information.
    Cleaning Services

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...