Monday, November 25, 2013

this weekend...


Well, the snow settled in on Friday night and then it got so cold it never melted.  So, what was once pretty on that Friday evening is now dirty snow littered with fallen leaves, on this Monday morning.  I'm honestly just happy the sun is shining, albeit my teeth are chattering from the low, low temps.

Now that it's basketball season and practically holiday season, our weekends aren't as lazy as they once were.  Plus have you seen all the good movies coming out?  I never get excited to crowd into a theater with popcorn-chompers and seat-kickers, but I am actually considering setting aside my cinema-going-disdain this winter.
Maleficent?  YES!  I think Disney should do more villainous movies.  But that's just me.
The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug?  YES!!!  Let's watch all of the Lord of the Rings movies on repeat, shall we???
Saving Mr. Banks?  Oh heck YES!  Emma Thompson is perfection and so is Mary Poppins, so yes, this movie is going to make me ever so happy.  I just know it.
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty?  YES!!!  This movie just wreaks of inspiration.
I'm sure there were a couple more I wouldn't mind seeing.  They played like 10 movie trailers when we went to see Catching Fire yesterday, but I just can't remember them all.  By the way, Catching Fire was soooooooo good!  I was shaking in suspense the whole time and I even read the book.  

Other bits from the weekend, basketball season is in full swing for McKenna.  She plays on two teams and so on Saturday she had two practices.  That pretty much eats up an entire day.  That and Target = our Saturday in a nutshell.
Sunday we saw a movie matinee and then had a late lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.  We all split a plain, ordinary cheesecake after our meal and we all decided that plain, ordinary cheesecakes are probably the best kind of cheesecake ever.  We usually go for something more complex {carrot cake or strawberry or chocolate cheesecakes}, but boring is best.  You should have seen us focusing on our bites...the graham cracker crust, the creamy cake...we were professionals.
We walked the mall afterward but didn't buy much.  We gave Nordstrom a little visit.  I always enjoy the smell of that place.  It's like the best fusion of perfume, leather, and other expensive goods.  The smell ranks up there with my parent's garage.  That's not weird.
And on the drive home we discussed a new super power that gave us a laugh.  What if you could fart out of other people's butts?  Crazy, I know.  But seriously!  You know you'd love it.

Happy Monday.


1 comment:

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...