Friday, December 20, 2013

lights.

Tree lights, the first thing I turn on in the morning.  I work my way through the morning darkness, down the stairs and into the living room, to feel for the remote that lights up two trees and a fireplace mantel.  It's a marvelous way to perk up my tired eyes. No bright lights, just twinkles.  I pause for a moment to let the beauty sink in.  I wish there was a way I could have twinkly lights year-round and never take it for granted; never have it lose it's specialness.  But I know it's because they're only out during the holidays that makes them so special and so I'll take them down after New Years.  I guess.  I began putting lights up before Thanksgiving, so I've already stretched the time out anyway.  I sure do love a subtle glow, though.  It's pretty much my favorite.

Five days...


1 comment:

  1. I so miss all the Christmas lights when they've all been taken down, but I guess it does make sense--we appreciate them more when we only have them for a little while!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...