Saturday, December 14, 2013

sometimes, even after so much effort, dinner still sucks.

Last night's dinner took way too much effort and preparations just weren't going right.  I followed all of the recipe instructions, but my heart just wasn't feeling it, and without love as the main ingredient, you may as well just give up and order Chinese.  Only we didn't.  
Instead, we sat around the table and picked at our flavorless Mexican rice and our Canola-flavored chicken tacos.
It's a good thing Husband picked up the camera and caught me in blurred action to commemorate such a failed meal.
Tonight we ate dinner at a restaurant.
And it was wonderful.

9 comments:

  1. Ugh, don't ya hate that! I mean, I wouldn't mind so much if dinner turned out bad, but it was really easy, with almost no effort involved! If you put a lot of work into it, it simple ought to taste good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not a happy chef! Plus I was following Pioneer Woman recipes so everything was supposed to be delicious. Oh well. :)

      Delete
  2. I love how fashionable you are when you cook, so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks, Hallie! Maybe that was my problem. :)

      Delete
  3. You are so adorable!!!! It shouldn't be allowed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Mexican rice. I agree, most of the recipes that just want you to add some salsa to rice makes for a sad side. I know this is not authentic at all, but when I do my version of that rice, I cook the rice in chicken stock and add some spaghetti sauce in place of salsa. At least you cooked and looked fab while you did it! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used chicken stock, but I love your spaghetti sauce idea! I'm going to try that next time. There just wasn't any flavor, but spaghetti sauce would fix that! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Oh....this happens to me all the time. If my kids had their way we'd have the same 3-4 meals in rotation every night. But I'm always on the hunt for the "new" meal to put into the regular rotation. HAHA. Let's just say that for every 5-10 new recipes I try...maybe, just MAYBE, I find one that they all like. Tonight is a new one...lasagna soup. We shall see...

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...